Saturday, September 5, 2009

Looking for an alternate plan

I have tried- hard- to keep my eye on the prize with this short sale. I have tried to remember that *if* this short sale goes through we will have a beautiful home to show for all of our heartache and that it will well be worth it.

The problem is that we keep getting misinformation about just where we are at in this process. And with that misinformation comes reasonable doubt that this deal will ever go through. With reasonable doubt comes fear. With fear comes stress. With stress comes heartache. The list goes on and on.

So as of right this moment I am looking for an alternate plan. About a week ago I was totally on the ledge. I wrote a heartfelt e-mail to the short sale processing company, the listing agent, and my agent about how I felt the ball had been dropped. How upset I was. How hard this has been.

I did get a reply from the short sale processing company manager. Basically he said sorry to hear that you are stressed but it is what it is. I appreciated that he took the time to reply. I even came down off the ledge for a few days. But after the update from last night- needless to say- I am back on that ledge and I am not going to come down.

I don't think it's a bad thing that I refuse to be ignorant to the possibility that we won't get this home. I think it's actually a good thing that I am willing to watch out for our best interest and not just sit back and leave it to someone else.

We found a few more houses this morning and our realtor (bless her heart) is going to hopefully meet us at them this afternoon- contracts in hand in case we decide to pursue them. Of course- even though one of them has only been listed for two and a half days I have no doubt that it will already have at least ten or fifteen offers on it. It might not even be worth our realtor's gas to drive all the way over as there is likely a cash offer already pending (or multiple cash offers at that!) but I am going to give it my all. We will likely write the contract and attach another letter to the asset manager (hoping that the listing agent doesn't discard it as well as our offer without submitting to the bank at all).

I know they say they send all the offers to the bank to decide but one really has to wonder- is that REALLY how it goes? Or does the L/A just cherry pick and send the one they stand to make the most money on?

Next post- my letter to the asset manager as a coversheet to our offer. No copying my content- alright?

No comments:

Post a Comment