Saturday, September 19, 2009

CWY Holdings is getting their act together!!

After four months (four long, frustrating months) we finally got an update yesterday that makes sense. The update was that the negotiator had contacted Complete Short Sale Processors and let them know that the BPO was expected to be back on Tuesday or Wednesday, that all of the seller's information is in hand and that the negotiator will be going over the numbers soon.

ALL RIGHT!! Now we are talking!

We started off working with a standard short sale processor at CWY. While he was nice enough I just didn't feel that he completely understood what he was doing. Twice we received notes that the sale date was set- and yet there hasn't even been an NOD filed on this property yet.

Sometimes we were lucky enough to speak to the Grand Wizard of Oz- one of the owners of CWY Holdings. Again, always nice (placated me as necessary) but yet we didn't really feel as if we were getting anywhere. Apparently he assigned one of their account executives to act as a liaison for us. We were happy to have someone new to share our sob story with. She always returned my realtor's calls and they had good conversation but she wasn't entirely sure why she was being asked to help with our file.

Finally a few weeks ago we were put in touch with our account manager. This person had been listed on the auto-update e-mails all along and I wasn't really sure why we hadn't heard from him sooner but let me say- I just wish that we had. Of all the people we have dealt with over there I have felt his e-mails have been the most forthcoming. It seems he has the most realistic handle on what is going on (whether it makes me happy or not) and honestly, I am a realist. Don't sugarcoat things for me. Don't tell me what you think I want to hear. Shoot straight, even if it is not the popular answer and at least I will respect that.

Sometime in the last four or five days they have also involved their Director of Loss Mitigation for Complete Short Sale Processors. I don't know who this lady is but where has she been for four months? Maybe it is just that the file is at the tipping point and things are going to happen regardless of how much involvement the short sale processing company has but hey, in just four days all of a sudden the job is getting done over there.

Are we happy? YOU BET... Now, we are just hoping this whole story has a happy ending. Of course, that could still be three to four months away but we will see. Hopefully, maybe, possibly we will have some sort of information this week if our offer price is what Countrywide/Bank of America will consider "fair market value". I mean, it was when we made the offer, but it has been four months. And if it had decreased in value you bet we wouldn't be complaining- but if it has increased we just can't go any higher. So anyway, stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment